Thursday, July 15, 2010

100 Days Of Bridal Bliss

I have decided as the intelligent human being that I am, I am going to blog the next 100 days of singledom. I thought it would be interesting to have people read the things that go through a brides head everyday up until the day I take the plunge.It is so interesting that I think this will be interesting but if you don't like it don't read it.

It is so crazy to me that 100 days from now I will no longer be Ashlea Christine Bomar but I will be Ashlea Christine Nicol it feels like a whole new identity would take place the second your name changes.For 26 years now I have been a Bomar, and it is such a strong family name. I know that when I actually change my name it wont feel any different, but it is fun to think about the day I actually change it. Michael and I have had the discussion about name changing a lot, how some girls hyphenate and how some girls just don't ever change there name.There has actually been instances in this fine country of ours where the girl refuses to change her name and demands that the man change his. Well don't get offended woman of America but I think that taking a mans name is a privilege and has nothing to do with being "HIS". Taking his name isn't a watermark or branding, it is an amazing privilege.Becoming a Nicol is like a step up from what I was. Mikes last name becoming my last name it excites me just thinking about it.

Today waking up I had the worst headache in the history of my life and I of course plopped on the scale and I was stuck at 168.4 like I have been for the past week. I knew that within those ten minutes of my morning the day would be interesting . I don't have bad days so I don't want to say I knew it would be bad I think interesting explains it well. So I got ready for my massage and new that it would probably help and I should of told Kim to work on my head but then the rest of the body just feels deprived. Just so you know my massage therapist is really my therapist I know I don't need one but when someone is pulling toxins out of your body and releasing energy you have this feeling like, I can tell this person anything. Massage is a really spiritual experience. Every one in my life says I should let out feelings more then I do and then all that congestion wouldn't be sitting in my back. But at this time getting upset over the silly little things seems so trivial to me if I am looking at the bigger picture. Most things are not "a hill to die on" as my mother says ,they are just speed bumps and you drive over them and pick up speed again. So this is why I had congestion in my neck and back. After my massage my headache was worse in fact it was one of those nauseating ones ugh I hate it. Kim gave me Excedrin Migraine and told me to drink gallons of water, so I did and it worked and just in time for my first appointment of the day. Mom. I love when my mom comes to get her nails done, it is so fun who wouldn't love having there mom at work for 2 hours with them? Well anyway she was getting all pretty because I have my first shower on Sunday. This shower is going to be amazing. It is themed Breakfast at Tiffanys. Andrea and I put in the invites to wear; a big hat ,black dress and fancy jewelry. I am so excited to see what everyone shows up in.I just got my dress last night ,that might have something to do with the congestion in my back. I am so excited about it. After work I went to dinner with Mike and stuck to salad and chicken, because I am a faithful dieter, while he ate pancakes, men they disgust me.

Until tomorrow friends

Bride to be

No comments: