Friday, April 3, 2009

How Mike and I met

Michael and I met in the Winter of 2006. When I think about our story it is so funny how it all came together.

I was hanging out with this group of guys that I met through my friend Adam who I met through my ex boyfriend. Adam and I started hanging out all the time and was part of a group that went bowling and hung out every friday night at this guy Sandersons house (aka MR SANDERSON he was a teacher at Bedford) Anyway Adam invited these two guys that I always referred to as "those basketball guys" I didn't know them I just knew they were tall and looked like they played college basketball.

Adam came to visit me like a week later at work on a Saturday and he was with the one "basketball guy" and Matt Dobberstein. Adam was leaving his visit with me and said "Hey "Nicol" is having people over to his house tonight you and Connie should come" So I in turn said "who is Nicol?" Adam so graciously pointed up (Adam is a little man) and said "this is Nicol" So I said Hi and that I might be there I would have to check with Connie. So that night Connie and I got the directions from Adam and headed over to "Nicols" There were people everywhere and it was a good time. I remember sitting at the table with the group of guys I was familiar with and the basketball guys were there one of them being "Nicol"

The next week I was on Myspace (because that used to be cool) And I had a friend request from "Nicol" so I accepted it and proceeded to message him letting him know that I wanted to invite him and his other friend bowling on Friday night. He told me how he was away at school and I would be lucky if he came home and if he went bowling. Well sure enough the bowling plans fell through and we ended up going to Matts friends house for a little bonfire slash get together I remember flirting with Nicol all night but I was unfortunately not that interested (I am just a flirt) Well I ended up driving him to his car later that night and I remember thinking how funny it was that he had a curfew.

The next week he came home again on the weekend and me and my friends ended up meeting him at the driving range slash batting cages and we flirted some more nothing much. I had then went home that night and messaged him my phone number over myspace (so cool) and he ended up texting me that sunday night letting me know he was in a group project and it sucked really interesting stuff. I then said good night and for him to call me sometime.

Later that week it was a Thursday and he texted me and said I am coming home this weekend would you like to hang out. I said yes and sure enough that next day we hung out. At this point I was not feeling it Nicol had no car because it was getting fixed and I couldn't find his house, he didn't pay for my movie ticket to the dumbest movie I have ever wasted money on (scary movie 4) and our conversations were so boring and going no where. I told Adam who had been pushing this relationship for awhile that I was not interested, Adam was bummed and said oh well if you don't like him you don't like him.

The next night Adam had people over for some games and he invited "Nicol" and I was forced by Adam to be "Nicols" partner. We sure enough lost every round of the game "Nicol" showed no class by passing gas at both ends and I was over it.

The next weekend our friends had a bonfire at this old man Deanos house that we hung out at occasionally ( I don't know what it is with my friends and I hanging out at older peoples house) Everyone was there even Kim. That night was a weird night because I started out the night kind of going for the other basketball guy (Jake) because he had just come back from a hunting trip and Kim said something about how cute Jake was. I was supposedly dating "Nicol" but he wasn't talking to me or really making me feel like he was interested. Later that night I was sitting at the fire talking to Kim and I got a text and it was from "Nicol" he said "hey chud" I responded with thank you for calling me chud. (a word mike called me when he was flirting his friends called each other that) Anyway I asked Kim what I should do because he is just acting like we are friends and I am not sure where this is going. Kim suggested I flirt with him so I say.... "I want to kiss you right now" (now remember I can see his reaction because we are at the same bonfire texting back and forth (i know retards) He then text me back and says "bring it on" So i tell Kim this situation while everyone is discussing Taco Bell so I volunteer myself to go get it for everyone and text mike and tell him I am going to get taco bell does he want to come. He doesn't respond so I get up tell everyone I am leaving and suggest that someone come along. Matt needed something from his house so Lindsey (adams girlfriend at the time) decided to come with me I get nervous because I wanted Nicol to come. Well he comes running after us and says wait up that he is going to come along. I get excited but we have baggage (aka Lindsey) So we go to Matts and I suggest Lindsey run it and get whatever Matt needed that Nicol and I were going to stay out here and wait. So she is running into the house and I look at Nicol and I said "I would kiss you right now but" and I was saying "but" he kissed me. I was so excited because he finally made the move I was waiting for and that is all it took for me to start liking him. That night I took him home and he kissed me again and it was amazing. I was so excited but he had to go back to Defiance the next morning.

I seemed to continue thinking about this man and debating the likability of this guy they called "Nicol". The following weekend I went to a baseball party with Connie and didn't drive so was forced to stay, I was so bored and annoyed so I went out to Connie's car and just sat there hoping she would get the point and we would leave. So as I sat there I thought of who I could call and I started going through my phone and saw "Nicol" in there and decided to text him and say whats up. So we texted back and forth for a few minutes and then I decided to call him. I explained my situation and said he felt bad for me and we said good bye. Then a few moments go by and he calls me back and asks me if I want him to come and get me and I of course say yes. He came and picked me up and we went back to his place and I was so happy and I felt sp great because he started kissing me. He took me home later that night and I could not stop thinking about him I loved that feeling it had been awhile. The next night we went to Jake's house (the other basketball guy) and we went upstairs and we talked for a few minutes and he asked me what I was thinking and I said I really like you do you like me or are you just having fun. He told me if he didn't like me he would not of come and gotten me last night. So then he asked me to be his girlfriend it was really cute. From that moment on we were inseparable and I decided on July 4th of 2006 as I was watching the fireworks with him downtown that I wanted to spend every holiday from that moment on with Mike. He told me he loved me 3 months after that and it was after a huge misunderstanding and we actually broke up for 48 hours and it was the worst 48 hours of both of our lives we agreed and he decided he loved me and couldn't live without me. We have had some ups and downs and some things all couples work through and now that we are spending our lives together I am so excited and think it is funny how he went from basketball guy to "Nicol" to the Love of my life" I am so blessed.

No comments: